Holy Days of Obligation are the days other than Sundays when Catholics are obligated to attend Mass. Below are the Holy Days of Obligation in Scotland:
- Thursday 21st May – The Solemnity of the Ascension
- Sunday 28th June (see note below) – The Solemnity of St. Peter and St. Paul, Apostles
- Sunday 16th August – The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Sunday 1st November – The Solemnity of All Saints
- Friday 25th December – The Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Note: If St Peter and St Paul or the Assumption fall on a Monday or a Saturday, the day of obligation will be celebrated on a Sunday. If All Saints falls on a Saturday then the day obligation will be Sunday and All Souls will be on the Monday. If All Saints falls on a Monday then that day is a day of obligation.